With IBM’s latest release of IBM i version 7.2, this release is packed with some really great features and if you have plans for getting a brand new POWER8 machine then you probably know that Power 8 is supported by the IBM i 7.1 and 7.2 releases in addition to AIX 6.1 and 7.1 as well as Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5 and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP3.
If an upgrade to your current IBM i (OS/400 or i5/OS) operating system is something you’ve been putting off for quite some time, then the time has certainly come to contact Iptor.
If you are still on V5R4 you need to get serious about upgrading!
The features of V5R4 when compared to 7.2, is like comparing apple and pears. Once you have upgraded past V5R4 – to either 6.1 or 7.1 – then the upgrade to 7.2 is rather easy.
Iptor make it easy
Like any upgrade, there are changes that you must be aware of in the new release, there are PTFs that must be installed on the current release for a smooth upgrade, and there are pre-requisites that must be checked before the upgrade can be done.
Iptor can take care of your system upgrade. Our professional upgrade plans will enable you to upgrade to 6.1, 7.1, or 7.2 seamlessly, affordably, and painlessly. Moreover, we can handle the entire upgrade process—from investigation, planning, and implementation.
Iptor is the smart choice
In addition, if you would like to test run your applications on another machine at 6.1, 7.1, or 7.2 to further test before your actual upgrade, we can provide you with a machine in the cloud.
IBM i 7.2 – An efficient, resilient platform for business
IBM® i 7.2 includes the following new enhancements:
- Enhanced security options in DB2® for i
- Many new functions for programmer productivity and expanded function in DB2 for i
- Improved ease of use with IBM Navigator for i
- Enhancements to iAccess Client Solutions
- Extension of security to more applications through new single sign-on (SSO) environments
- Liberty Core as the base for Integrated Application Server
- Support for Zend Server 6.0 on IBM i 7.2
- Performance improvements for the integrated file system
- Extensions to the printing environments
- Expanded Hub functions for Backup, Recovery, and Media Services (BRMS)
- PowerHA® SystemMirror® for i Express® Edition with new HyperSwap® capability
- Support for new Power Systems™ built with POWER8™ architecture and processor
- Additional I/O capabilities including support for WAN over LAN
- Rational® tools enhancements to support Free Format Report Program Generator (RPG)
- Support for the open source file serving solution Samba
There are a lot of questions to be answered, but you should know that Iptor is prepared and that we can help you – starting today!
Contact us right away to learn more about how Iptor can help you.