As a Technical Consultant for Managed Services at Iptor you have a shared responsibility for your team’s task to maintain and grow Iptor’s managed services business, both locally and internationally.
More specifically, you will be responsible for the daily Managed Services operations (checking / helping customers / keeping track of the situation) as a team-member.
Setting up new customers is also part of your work, both in a hosted environment and at the customers site.
Iptor is expanding and integrating its Managed Services operations so you can expect and must be willing to participate in international projects. Good language skills in spoken and written English are a must, other language capabilities would be a plus.
- Be a valuable member of the MS team as a technical resource
- Deliver technical solutions in a good and documented way
- Making sure that colleagues are aware of your proceedings as far as is relevant for their work
- Participate in technical projects as a (lead) technical engineer
- Be able and willing to provide technical input in non-technical projects such as the ISO27001 certification
- Maintain a broad understanding of the techniques and technology relevant to Managed Services
- IBM Power Systems technical knowledge (including VIOS)
- IBM i knowledge
- IBM mid-range and high end Storage knowledge
- Knowledge and hands on experience with UPS systems
- Preferably skilled in CL programming
For the IBM related knowledge the corresponding certifications are a must have, or at least you should be able to obtain them shortly after the start of your contract.
This section describes knowledge that would be good to have, but willingness to be educated would also qualify.
- Knowledge and/ or certifications in the field of VmWare / VeeAm / Windows
- Knowledge and/ or certifications in the field of Linux
- Knowledge of Iptor supporting systems such as Zendesk
- Knowledge of project management and methodologies such as Prince2
Important personal skills:
- Good attitude towards servicing customers with a broad range of knowledge and education
- Good verbal and written communications (Dutch and English, French would be a plus)
- Ability to analyze complex situations & quickly develop appropriate solutions
- Effective communicator
- Able and willing to keep your knowledge current, as proven by certifications of external parties
- Eager and able to participate in innovate projects
- Good to create and maintain personal relationships with customers as well as team members
- Be pro-active regarding all of Managed Services – suggest improvements, participate in discussions.
Interested candidates can send their resume and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Technical Consultant Managed Services in the subject line.