Managing state and local sales taxes is a challenge for even the most savvy companies, but for manufacturers and distributors who are also managing drop shipments, exempt sales and cross-border shipments, it’s even more complex. Since the 2018 “South Dakota v. Wayfair, Inc.” Supreme Court ruling, more than 40 states and Washington, D.C. have adopted “economic nexus” policies, further increasing the responsibility of multi-state sellers. And companies with primarily exempt sales may not realize that they’re still responsible for calculating gross sales and submitting returns in many states.
Join our partners from Avalara for an on-demand webinar to get a handle on what manufacturers and distributors need to consider for effective sales tax management, including:
- The impact of exempt and non-exempt transactions on nexus thresholds
- How drop shipments are impacted by the ruling
- Why it makes sense to leverage software for streamlined sales & use tax calculation, returns, and certificate management
- How your business may qualify for free services for determination & filing
- An overview of the Avalara and Iptor integration built by The Mesa Group and how it helps simplify compliance