The Contract Negotiator / Corporate Paralegal will report to the General Counsel and will provide legal support across a wide variety of areas including drafting commercial contracts, corporate governance, intellectual property, mergers and acquisitions, litigation, real estate and product development, as well as paralegal and administrative support to the Legal Department. The Contract Negotiator / Corporate Paralegal will assist the department in achieving its mission of providing timely, quality and cost-effective legal services to the Company.
The Contract Negotiator / Corporate Paralegal will provide advice and assistance with respect to understanding and complying with laws, rules and regulations applicable to the Company’s business. Experience in dealing with highly confidential information and interfacing with multiple levels of management and employees is required. This position is subject to change as the needs of the Company and Legal Department require.
This role will support the Company’s UK office along the M4 corridor in Berkshire and will require candidates with the right to work in the UK.
- Review of Company and third party Non-Disclosure Agreements; arrange for signature and return of Non-Disclosure Agreements to the third party.
- Maintain log of all Non-Disclosure Agreements with pertinent information included.
- Take responsibility for the prompt and accurate production of standard legal contracts for Iptor businesses in the US and EMEA in line with corporate policies.
- Assist General Counsel in the review and preparation of technology related commercial global contracts primarily consisting of contractor agreements, consulting services agreements, statements of work, software license and services agreements, software reseller agreements, non-disclosure agreements, recruiting agreements and other commercial agreements with support of counsel as needed.
- Respond to field requests for assistance with RFP/RFI/RFQ’s.
- Ensure that the Company’s corporate policies and directives are incorporated into contractual documents.
- Update and manage the Company’s contracts management system.
- Assist with the preparation of all documents required to form legal entities and maintain such entities registrations, corporate qualifications and business licenses, as well as any withdrawals, mergers, and dissolutions. Assist with the preparation of board consents and other board documents.
- Maintain corporate minute books and other corporate records for the Company and its subsidiaries.
- Act as primary contact for outside counsel engaged in foreign governance work; coordinate with outside counsel on various governance projects; obtain appropriate signatures by Company officers when needed; and assist with various filings when needed.
- File, monitor and maintain trademark and copyright registrations.
- Maintain portfolio of marks in assigned jurisdictions on routine basis, including meeting deadlines for renewals and other actions required to keep trademark registrations in force, calendaring dates, assembling information and preparation of documents such as affidavits and declarations as required.
- Assist counsel and external IP counsel with all Company related IP matters.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Assist General Counsel with merger and acquisition activity.
- Maintain an internal Company data room with all up-to-date Company information and contracts for diligence.
- Assist General Counsel with litigation management.
- Bankruptcy – Prepare and file Proofs of Claim; monitor bankruptcies through repayment process and keep General Counsel up-to-date on the case.
- Notify insurance carriers of claims.
- Organize and maintain litigation and bankruptcy files.
- Day to day administrative support of General Counsel.
- Respond to day-to-day requests from other departments in respect of legal procedures and other legal/corporate issues.
- Special projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a college or university; or at least three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proactive planning and organization skills with a detail-oriented focus.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with detail and sensitivity to confidential matters.
- High proficiency with MS Office Programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and with Adobe Acrobat.
- Prior experience as a legal assistant / paralegal or comparable in a law firm or corporate legal department.
- High energy, creative, self-motivated, and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate effective time management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to analyze complex situations & quickly develop appropriate solutions.
- Effective communicator.
- Good to create, participate in and maintain network.
- Demonstrate commercial and negotiations skills.
- Ability to influence.
- Ability to speak and write English well.
If you are interested in the job opportunity, please email your CV & resume to email@example.com.