IBS Enterprise and IBS Dynaman enhancements, plus renewed emphasis on IBS Bookmaster, drive increased attendance at the Americas 2016 user conference in Clearwater, Fla.
Roseville, CA, May 31, 2016 – International Business Systems (IBS), a leading global supplier of integrated ERP, warehouse management systems (WMS) and supply chain solutions, reported a new high in attendance at its IBS Connect Americas 2016 user conference held earlier this month in Clearwater, Fla.
Most notably, the IBS Bookmaster user group participation nearly doubled in size, with slight increases in turnout by IBS Enterprise and IBS Dynaman users fueling the response. The interest mounted around user-led discussions, conference presentations featuring IBS customer success stories, along with a host of product announcements and updates.
”The involvement of so many customers at our IBS Connect event is a testament to their ownership of our product mission and vision,” said Jayne Archbold, IBS CEO. ”Their ideas and input drive our development efforts. They are the reason IBS is considered the leader in distribution software.”
Among the customers attending at the event, seven played a major role in presenting material to the group:
- Kevin Smith, McGraw Hill Education (MHE) Vice President International GTS, explained how MHE’s APAC and India regions consolidated three databases onto IBS Bookmaster 7.9, catapulting them to the forefront of digital education content delivery. Smith shared lessons learned, and how the exercise will affect planned future rollouts in EMEA and Latin America.
- Mark Saks, Golden Eagle Distributing Information Technology Manager, spoke on the evolution of their IBS NetStore solution, first installed in 2009, and now capable of supporting outside sales submissions and customer purchasing systems in synch with their IBS Enterprise 6.67 software. Currently, 65% of Golden Eagle customers use NetStore, with 62.7% of orders submitted through the system.
- John Henkel, Zwilling J.A. Henckels CFO, shared his company’s experience using IBS Analytics with Qlikview to provide enterprise-wide access to actionable data for better business decision-making. Henkel offered best practices on how to work with reports, queries, dashboards, role-based access, and data-on-the-go, to mention a few of his first-hand insights.
- Shawn White, Geiger’s Director of Business Applications, demonstrated how Geiger uses IBS Integrator to simplify the way IBS Enterprise interacts with existing applications, servers and databases to arrive at a more integrated view of the truth. Mr. White discussed data sharing operations between DB2, MySQL, MSSQL, Excel and other products, including hundreds of websites set up for customers, as well as other benefits associated with IBS Integrator.
- Brandon Novak, American Hotel Register Company (AHR) Project Manager, led a session titled ”Optimizing Workflow: Using the Visualization Screen to Reduce Hours of Effort Daily.” His presentation covered how advanced warehouse visualization put AHR on the road to continuous improvement and increased supply chain optimization, using point-and-click functionality to intuitively manage the supply chain.
- Lowell Millard, Reliable Parts CTO, presented ”Imperative Reasons for Upgrading,” a case study on how Reliable Parts upgraded its system for aggressive growth plans, merging several family businesses into a single company on the IBS platform. Mr. Millard shared many challenges faced, objectives accomplished and lessons learned, including close-ups on ecommerce, mobile applications and partner integrations.
- Tom Strutz, WORLDPAC Director of Software Engineering, offered ”Secrets to Software Scalability,” in his case study on WORLDPAC’s growth, from $60M to over $1.2B annually in 25 years. Mr. Strutz covered the company’s platform progression from 1990 to present, highlighting key ingredients to scalability, including people, technology and development operations, as well as a review of WORLDPAC’s phased upgrade program to the latest IBS Enterprise release.
Included among the customer presentations were numerous announcements on product innovations and updates. IBS Senior Vice President of Product Management, Bill Tomasi, and user group president, Doug Heikkila, Development Manager for MWI Animal Health, co-led the User Group Meeting. Tomasi later shared the top innovations voted on by the group for inclusion in upcoming releases of IBS Enterprise and IBS Dynaman.
The three-day conference was made possible in part by sponsorships. Gold Sponsors included The Mesa Group and Meridian IT; Silver Sponsors included Varsity Logistics and Honeywell; Bronze Sponsors included Curbstone Corporation and Optricity.
View the conference recap here.
International Business Systems (IBS) is a leading global provider of integrated ERP, WMS and supply chain management solutions to the distribution, wholesale and 3PL sectors. For more than 35 years, we have helped customers, such as WORLDPAC, Associated Pharmacies, Inc., GILLIG, Zwilling J.A. Henckels, Miele Inc., Tri Literal LLC, Mighty Auto Parts, Volvo, Victory Packaging Inc. and many more, streamline, automate and accelerate their distribution network processes, and drive profitability and efficiency.
For more information, contact:
Kristin Seigworth, +1.262.510.0805, Kristin.firstname.lastname@example.org